Saturday, February 2, 2008

I can't help it

'I can't help it. I was born a miscarriage. I had so many insults I died. I was born dead. I can't help it.... I'm tired.'" ..One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
The quote from one of my favourite movies/books reminded me of an Entity I recently encountered. An Entity that wasn't invited to appear in my world, not even as an apparition, but nonetheless still managed to squeeze itself through the tiny cyberhole. I reckon if IT had taken a physical form, IT would probably look beautifully grotesque; like a peach slammed against the wall umpteenth times. Amazingly however, it seems to me that this Entity probably has had some kind of a misadventure of sorts; a near tragic encounter or a dark and abused past perhaps? Maybe a congenital malformation of the cerebrum? Nobody seems able to understand where the Entity is coming from or why the Entity is the way IT is. However, one distinctive character trait about the Entity is it's propensity to make noise; a throttle that bears an uncanny similarity to the noise that sewage pipes in flats make at night sometimes. It's a wonder what this Entity could look like. Hm...
On deeper thoughts, creatures like this Entity exist for a reason. It keeps the psychiatric ward buzzing and provide career opportunities and employment to a million of otherwise economically unproductive members of the society. It keeps the better segment of the society constantly learning and growing wiser from the very sheer experience of crossing paths with it. Don't be surprised if IT even stirs congeniality amongst the non-entitians! Not bad I guess.
Who knows in the Pipeline could be a reality TV inspired by The Entity. Now what shall the title be:
1. 'The World's Next Top Entity'?2. 'The EntitOr'? .. or3. ''The Entitian Idiot' ?

No comments: